September 21 is deadline for EDRA44 proposal submissions
“Healthy and Healing Places” is the theme of the 2013 Environmental Design Research Association Conference. EDRA44 organizers are accepting proposals through Friday, September 21, 2012. Deadline for display poster submissions is November 30, 2012.
For design professionals, health and human service providers and others, the conference represents an opportunity to contribute health policy through environmental design research The conference will take place May 29-June 1, 2013 at the Westin Providence Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island.
EDRA44 will have a special focus on health policy implications for environmental design in addition to promoting the value of research for advancing environmental design and theory building. Among others, consider some of the following hot topics:
- Team science: Shaping multidisciplinary environments to promote primary healthcare delivery
- Urban planning strategies to promote population health using health indicators in urban planning
- Building capacity among public health professionals with regard to environmental design
- Strategies for affordable green and healthy housing
- Strategies for building health into building design
- Place-based health indicators
- Integrating health impact assessment into environmental design
- Health hazards of buildings and building materials
- Environmental health 101 for non-health professionals
- Health-related policies and regulations 101: What architects and engineers need to know
For more details about the Call for Proposals please visit the EDRA44Providence site. Proposals can be submitted at the submission site: http://edra44.abstractcentral.com, and questions about proposals or other conference matters can be emailed to email@example.com.